Business training and support
We’re here to help! Craft Central offers practical and insightful professional development training for designer makers.
Whether you’re just setting up or more established, we help makers develop the skills to build robust and profitable businesses. Continually developing new and relevant programmes, we assist makers in increasing their chances of long-term success and personal fulfilment whatever stage they are at in their careers.
Our rolling In Business professional development programme is scheduled on a quarterly basis. You’ll find relevant business advice delivered by expert consultants, industry professionals and experienced designer makers, through: group workshops, one-to-one surgeries, peer based learning labs and networking events - and if you're a member of Craft Central you can access all these at heavily subsidised prices plus be the first to hear about new training coming up...
The April-June 2014 In Business bulletin is out now! Download your copy here or go to www.craftcentralbookings.org.uk/programme/business-training to see what's coming up and make a booking.
Coming soon in 2014! Business Boost
A tailor-made programme offering one-to-ones, workshops, talks and mentoring. Participants also benefit from the opportunity to attend additional training events, selected to address specific business needs.
Designed specifically for creative practitioners who have been in business for more than one year, the aim of the programme is to support designers in growing their businesses and moving into new markets.
The deadline has now passed for the Autumn/Winter 2013 Business Boost semester but we will start taking applications for the Spring/Summer 2014 semester in early 2014 so watch this space!
Coming soon in 2014! Maker Mentoring
Our second mentorship programme, connecting makers with an established designer, launched with a bang in July 2013. Using their extensive experience in running a business our mentors provide designer makers with the support and guidance needed to drive theirs forward.
Offering flexible, impartial support over a period of 6 months, this programme is tailored to makers who are set up in business, have been running for a year or more and are now committed to pushing their business to the next level.
We will start taking applications for the Spring 2014 semester in early 2014 so watch this space!
Please note -
- All training sessions must be paid for at the time of booking (via the online booking system).
- All training sessions are booked online – cash/cheque payments are no longer accepted.
- All online payments are processed securely using Paypal. Once you have confirmed your order, you will be directed to a secure Paypal website to pay. You don't require a Paypal account to pay (you can use a credit or debit card), but if you do have a Paypal account, this can be used.
- Once booked, Craft Central does not refund for any training cancelled or unattended by designer makers.
- Having booked a place, if you are unable to attend please give as much notice as possible by phone – emails are less reliable at short notice.
- Unless otherwise stated, all training is held at 33-35 St John’s Square, London EC1M 4DS.