Business training and support
We’re here to help! Craft Central offers practical and insightful professional development training for designer makers.
The Autumn/Winter 2014 programme is now live! A whole host of activities to meet designer maker selling and showcasing needs during this busy season. To see the full list of upcoming events and make your bookings go to www.craftcentralbookings.org.uk/programme/business-training. More sessions will be added over the next few weeks, make sure you check back regularly so you don't miss out.
NEW DATES - Now open for registrations! Business Boost
A tailor-made 5-month programme offering one-to-ones, workshops and seminars.
In Round 2, the Business Boost programme includes a week's hire of the Craft Central Showcase exhibition space, letting you get your work out to the public and putting the programme outcomes into practice.
Designed specifically for creative practitioners who have been in business for more than one year, the aim of the programme is to support designer makers in growing their businesses and moving into new markets.
Registrations are now being taken for Business Boost Round 2 - click here for full details and to download a registration form
Extended deadline! 5pm Friday 5 September 2014
Please note: Spaces are strictly limited
Coming soon in 2014! Maker Mentoring
Our second mentorship programme, connecting makers with an established designer, launched with a bang in July 2013. Using their extensive experience in running a business our mentors provide designer makers with the support and guidance needed to drive theirs forward.
Offering flexible, impartial support over a period of 6 months, this programme is tailored to makers who are set up in business, have been running for a year or more and are now committed to pushing their business to the next level.
We will start taking applications for 2014 soon so watch this space!
Please note -
- All training sessions must be paid for at the time of booking (via the online booking system).
- All training sessions are booked online – cash/cheque payments are no longer accepted.
- All online payments are processed securely using Paypal. Once you have confirmed your order, you will be directed to a secure Paypal website to pay. You don't require a Paypal account to pay (you can use a credit or debit card), but if you do have a Paypal account, this can be used.
- Once booked, Craft Central does not refund for any training cancelled or unattended by designer makers.
- Having booked a place, if you are unable to attend please give as much notice as possible by phone – emails are less reliable at short notice.
- Unless otherwise stated, all training is held at 33-35 St John’s Square, London EC1M 4DS.